We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4th of July fireworks @ sandbridge?

Rockville, Maryland
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
4th of July fireworks @ sandbridge?

Hi all,

Thanks all who answered my previous question. With the travelling date approaching, we are wondering where to spend the 4th of July: VB or sandbridge. We'd love to avoid the huge crowd at VB by staying @ sandbridge; but not sure whether there will be a firework at night. And if there is one, will it be on some concrete scheudle, or will it be a sporadic display. Also, we are not lodging @ sandbridge, will we find some shower/clothe changing facilities down there?

Thanks for your advice!

Chicago
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4th of July fireworks @ sandbridge?

Hi, I will be in Sandbridge on the 4th of July, and I received an email from Siebert Realty about a boat parade and fireworks on the 4th in Sandbridge. It wasn't very specific as far as a time schedule, but it looks as if there will be fireworks in Sandbridge on the 4th.

Altoona...
Level Contributor
351 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4th of July fireworks @ sandbridge?

There are no changing/shower facilities at Sandbridge beach. There are at little island park at the south end past the houses. virginia.org/Listings/…

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
43 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4th of July fireworks @ sandbridge?

There will be fireworks at the VB Oceanfront, but I don't see anything or have I ever heard of any fireworks being done at Sandbridge. That would be interesting if they did though. Little Island park is an entrance/parking for Sandbridge beach.

Altoona...
Level Contributor
351 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4th of July fireworks @ sandbridge?

While on the same stretch of sand, I always considered Little Island far enough south of what we always called Sandbridge beach ( the area closest to the end of Sandbridge road) to consider it a different area of the beach. I just wanted to make sure anyone coming from out of town understood the Little Island is at the extreme southern end of Sandbridge and is the only area there that has changing facilities. I would think from the center of Sandbridge north you could likely see the aerial display from VB, we were able to see some of the Blue Angels formations from there, but it wouldn't be an optimal viewing experience for sure.

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,871 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4th of July fireworks @ sandbridge?

Here is info on 4th of July events in Sandbridge: sandbridgelife.com/events-2?month=jul&yr=2012

Boat parade will be along the canals and Back Bay starting at 6:30. Fireworks at 9:00 at Mill Pond.

Virginia Beach...
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 4th of July fireworks @ sandbridge?

Here's a map and more info about the fireworks in Sandbridge: http://sandbridgelife.com/archives/1343

7. Re: 4th of July fireworks @ sandbridge?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2013, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach
Recent Conversations