We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Access Carova to VA Beach

Buffalo, NY
2 posts
Save Topic
Beach Access Carova to VA Beach

Does anyone know how far you can drive from Carova toward VA Beach? Does beach driving access stop at the NC/VA state line?

my email is hibbert3@aol.com if you would prefer to post an answer off-list. Thanks.

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,871 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Access Carova to VA Beach

Access ends at the state line. Turn around and go back.

By the way, it's not a good idea to post your email address because it's an invitation to spam and all kinds of abuse. If you prefer a private conversation, you can click on the TA member's name and then send a message (there's a link for that).

Buffalo, NY
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Access Carova to VA Beach

Thanks Wendy. That is what I thought. I am looking to rent a house this summer in NC and wanted to know how much beach I could drive on. Even with stopping at state line I will have more access than if I stay down on Cape Hatteras where the beach access for vehicles is severely limited by the Park Service. Is it a 100% ban for driving on the VA beach or are there access points?

Thank you for the email advice. I am pretty new at posting on these kinds of sites.

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,871 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Access Carova to VA Beach

No access points. It's fenced off. On the Virginia side is Back Bay Wildlife Refuge and False Cape State Park. You'll have LOTS of beach to drive on in the Carova beach area. My husband attended a weekend-long conference there, and they were bussed in on busses with special tires. Have fun!

4. Re: Beach Access Carova to VA Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach