We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How is the weather in Williamsburg for Spring break?

new york
Level Contributor
16 posts
187 reviews
Save Topic
How is the weather in Williamsburg for Spring break?

My family and I need to get away! We lost our February break and the ski resorts don't have much snow in the Northeast. We were thinking of driving to Williamsburg and going to Busch Gardens and Colonial Williamsburg. We are planning to go for 4 days and 3 nights. My question is-although Busch gardens will be open are all the rides going to be open? I see the weather will be in the 50's or 60's but I want to make sure it's worth it to take a 9 hour drive.

Thanks

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,902 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How is the weather in Williamsburg for Spring break?

I just checked my crystal ball, and it says the weather will be...unpredictable. What dates are you looking at? Looking at cloudy and 50's this coming weekend, but that can always change, for better or for worse.

BG will have all the rides open (barring mechanical difficulties). I'd think twice about doing the ones where you get wet, but the rest should be fine.

new york
Level Contributor
16 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How is the weather in Williamsburg for Spring break?

Hi, spring break-Easter week last week in March. Also, my youngest is 8 and don't want him goizng on the crazy roller coasters. However, i don't want to say no to all of them. Have you been on verbolten? Is it tame enough?

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,902 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How is the weather in Williamsburg for Spring break?

I've been on Verbolten. I like it because it doesn't loop but still has some fun features - brief pause before a take off and drop, fun visuals when you're in a tunnel, etc. As a woman of a "certain age" it's hard on my back, but for younger riders without back problems, I recommend it highly - if he meets the height requirement. I don't remember what that is, though you can find it on the BG website.

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How is the weather in Williamsburg for Spring break?

Even the rides with flips, are not bad at Busch Gardens. The newer rides, like Verboltin, are made so well, that they are smooth and an "easy" ride - no jerking or bumping.

You can never predict the weather more than a few days out (and even that is unpredictable), but you should be alright on everything but the water rides.

Why don't you also ask this in the Williamsburg forum?

NEWPORT NEWS, VA
Destination Expert
for Hampton, Newport News
Level Contributor
488 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How is the weather in Williamsburg for Spring break?

If your youngest has never ridden on a coaster, you could try him out first on on Grover's Alpine Express in the Sesame Street Forest of Fun at Busch Gardens.

seaworldparks.com/buschgardens-williamsburg/…

I myself quake and quiver at the sight of coasters (unless I'm on the train and can point at the screaming masses, declaring. "Better them than me!") but Alpine Express isn't too bad.

PS: Dress in layers!

6. Re: How is the weather in Williamsburg for Spring break?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2014, 04:15
Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach
Recent Conversations