We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should we stay north or south?

United States
Level Contributor
325 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Should we stay north or south?

A girlfriend and I are staying for a three day weekend and have never been to Virginia Beach before. We found comparable hotels we like, one in the 30s and one in the single digits. We would love to be able to walk to a good seafood dinner at night and take in the entertainment. Other an that we'd love a fairly quiet beach in the day time and plan to take long walks, bikes, jogs for exercise. Which area should we choose, north or south? Thanks!

Richmond
Level Contributor
60 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should we stay north or south?

Both areas are nice. You will find plenty of opportunities for bikes, jogs, walks on both ends, as boardwalk stretches entire length and has both walking and biking paths. Restaurant options are good on both ends too, but my personal opinion is that there are more good seafood restaurants within walking distance on the South End (you have a few on oceanfront, as well as the ones on the inlet). North End has easier access to State Park for additional walking / biking if you'd like to do that.

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
38 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should we stay north or south?

We are heading to Va beach in June--Is there still beach sand "rejuvenation" going on near the north end of the boardwalk??

Fredericksburg...
Level Contributor
102 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Should we stay north or south?

The north end is nicer in my opinion. The central part of the boardwalk is most crowded and the south end has always seemed a little run down. I would not describe any part of the boardwalk strip as "quiet" except from 3 to 8am. Sandridge beach located just up the road is the quiet beach. As far as walking goes walk as much as you care to and then jump on the trolley (bus) it is very convenient and affordable. The trolley runs to captain georges seafood and anyone visiting VA beach should eat there at least once.

4. Re: Should we stay north or south?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach