We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel to stay in with young children?

Wingate, England...
1 post
Save Topic
Which hotel to stay in with young children?

Can anyone recommend a hotel to stay in with 2 young children. I've been searching for days but there is just so much choice!

Budget is £100 per night or 150usd and needs to have a pool.

Central VA
Level Contributor
96 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel to stay in with young children?

During the summer season that is a tough order, almost impossible for me to recommend anywhere near the oceanfront at that price point or below.

Question is it just you and 2 small kids or are there other adults as well?

If you are willing to drive into the resort area , then you could probably do pretty well staying somewhere in the town center downtown VA beach area.

We enjoyed the Choice Hotel at 2015 Atlantic Ave, it was reasonable for the season for an oceanfront hotel , but that was about 240 a night, and more on the 4th. It has a pool. We normally go for the priceier properties on either end of the strip that have a bit more room, like the Springhill Suites, or the Residence Inn; but we opted for a bit more economy this time.

At your price range you might find some of the older properties on the "even" side of Atlantic ave but I don't have any experience with those properties as I usually either pay for the beachfront, or I stay in Town Center and drive into the resort area (as well as to the park in Sandbridge, which has a less touristy, more outer-banksy type feel to the beach )

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
179 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel to stay in with young children?

You might need to raise your price a bit, but I like Turtle Cay Resort. You have the opportunity to have a seperate bedroom and living area (so you can be in one and them in the other), it is clean, newer than many others, and has an ok pool. You might also appreciate that it is at the quieter end of the beach....possibly 10 blocks from the action and noise. The drawback is that it is not oceanfront, but you simply walk across the street and you are there...maybe in 2-3 minutes. One other thing you might appreciate is the biggest on the beach playground will be near you. If you are facing the ocean, walk 5 or so blocks to the right.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
59 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel to stay in with young children?

Check out the following Groupon offer for Founder's Inn. You can purchase a max of 4, each for a 1 night stay. It's not on the oceanfront, but is about a 15-20 minite drive. Very nice place. Great price!

One-Night Stay at The Founders Inn and Spa in Virginia Beach, VA

groupon.com/deals/…

Sent from my iPhone

South Carolina
Level Contributor
127 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel to stay in with young children?

We were there last week and saw the place caramelize spoke of - Turtle Cay- and it looked very nice. I also agree about being on a quieter end of the beach away from the bars and some of the rowdier places. Either the sound end (this area) or north of 24th street would be my preference.

5. Re: Which hotel to stay in with young children?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2014, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach
Recent Conversations