We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel rooms

Henderson, North...
Level Contributor
2 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel rooms

Has anyone ever taken an air mattress with them to sleep on in a hotel?

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,506 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel rooms

I wonder if the front desk or housekeeper would think it was a result of a higher room occupancy than allowed? Does it deflate to a small size?

Henderson, North...
Level Contributor
2 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel rooms

I've made a reservation but later saw on some reviews that the sleeper sofa wasn't very comfortable, so I thought that I would use the air mattress instead.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
12,810 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel rooms

Yes, we used to take air mattresses for our kids to sleep on just for the very same reason you want to do so--uncomfortable sleeper sofas.

Since it appears you won't be exceeding the room occupancy, just substituting your mattress for theirs, there should be no problem with this. I will say that we generally deflated the mattress each morning and then re-inflated it at night so that the mattress was not in the way of the housekeeper when she was making up the room.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,506 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel rooms

Be sure sheets and pillowcases for the air mattress are very different from hotel linens so housekeeping can't confuse them. And remember to somehow identify/hide your pillows so they don't get changed. We've had housekeeping put them on the hotel bed and take the extras and we've had them taken away as extras....which, even if there were from the hotel, should have been left since the need for extra pillows didn't change.

5. Re: Hotel rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach