We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm a former VB resident & recall mini golf on *real* grass

Which Virginia Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
6 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
I'm a former VB resident & recall mini golf on *real* grass

I lived in VB on Baltic Ave. ~ 1997-1999. I distinctly recall playing miniature golf on a course with *real* grass for the greens. It seems like it was lighted, so you could play after dark. It wasn't far from where we lived. Did I dream this up, or did such a place exist? I can't find anything about it on the Internet and the reason I obsess over it is that it was among the most fun I had during those years. A really unique, different mini golf experience. Thanks!

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,372 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I'm a former VB resident & recall mini golf on *real* grass

Seems like most mini golf courses all over have changed to astro turf. NC's Outer Banks has a few with real grass. You may have gone to Jungle Golf on Pacific and 22nd. They may have had real grass then, don't know.

Jungle Golf's been around since the 70s. I understand it's open 24 hours, but haven't had the opportuinity to check it out in the wee hours:)

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
6 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I'm a former VB resident & recall mini golf on *real* grass

Thank you so much! I bet you are right. It really is fun to play on real grass! One of the many things I miss about the Hampton Roads area. Thanks for writing!

Virginia
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: I'm a former VB resident & recall mini golf on *real* grass

There was a putt putt place years ago on General Booth blvd around Birdneck Road that was all grass..... It didn't last long but it was a great place

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I'm a former VB resident & recall mini golf on *real* grass

I havn't seen real grass mini golf courses in Virginia Beach... ever (at least in the past 25 years).

Jungle Golf is only open 24 hours a day during the peak summer months.

5. Re: I'm a former VB resident & recall mini golf on *real* grass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach