We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel location?

Level Contributor
75 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Best hotel location?

We are planning a trip to Virginia Beach next July (2 adults, 12 and 14 year olds). We are not at all familiar with the area but want to stay in a less expensive, but clean hotel or condo. We want to be right on the water with a pool and close to the "action"/boardwalk. Also want to be right near a lifeguard. The condos I have looked at so far are out of our price range (hoping to spend around $1500 for a week).

Two I am considering are the Belvedere and Best Western Plus Oceanfront. Can someone tell me about the locations of these? Any suggestions on one over the other, or other better places, would be greatly appreciated!

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,470 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best hotel location?

Have you checked out Capes? They back to the boardwalk. They have a pool surrounded in glass.

The beach is very wide in many places...300''/football field size. And then there's the ocean. You don't need to be too high to get the ocean view. I can tell you more it it suits you. They have value days in their rates so you can check them out too.

They are at 20th, which is in the middle of things.

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,856 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best hotel location?

Best Western is more central. If you're looking forward to enjoying the nightly free entertainment, you'd be in the middle between the 24th Street stage and 31st Street stage. Belvedere is north of that. It has a good reputation for being a well-run independent hotel that's been in business seemingly forever -- that's rare at the beach. (Plus they have a great coffee shop.)

Williamsburg...
Level Contributor
490 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best hotel location?

There are a BUNCH of oceanfront hotels along the boardwalk, most of which approximate your wants.

Here's a Trip Advisor list of beachfront hotels.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/TabletHotelSearch-g58277-qVirginia+beach,+Virginia-zff10-zfn10131-Virginia_Beach_Virginia.html

You can filter them by cost, check the map, and pick a number in the area you'd like (I think you'd be happy anywhere between about 35th St. and 2nd St.)

Ruckersville...
Level Contributor
479 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best hotel location?

I would recommend 16th Street and below to Rudee Inlet; To me it is more family oriented and less bar/college age oriented than around 21st/22nd Street areas. There are at least 5 time share resorts in between 16th st and Rudee Inlett as well as an amusement park. There are plenty of good motels, condos and resorts in this area.

richmond
Level Contributor
36 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best hotel location?

We stayed at the Holiday Inn North Beach, just north of the Belvidere. I loved the location!! It was at teh end of the Boardwalk, and bordered a nice peaceful residential area, which was perfect for jogging. There wsa a 7-11 right across the street as well as tshirt shops, sandwich shops, etc.

I haven't stayed at the Belvidere yet, but several friends have recommended it.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
40 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best hotel location?

We love the Belvedere! We spend a week there every summer. Good location, clean rooms, friendly employees and an awesome diner. You won't be disappointed.

virginia
Level Contributor
21 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best hotel location?

Check Barclay Towers, all rooms are suites. So the teens or you can have a separate bedroom. A nice indoor pool, hot tub workout room. In july they are around 200 a night...but sometimes the hotel does a discount is you stay five or more nights. It is on ninth street and close to the amusement park and pier which is on 14th. Perks that I find with barclay are the hotel is enclosed on the back side so it is quiet. There is a huge enclosed parking deck across the street so you never have to worry if your vehicle will fit an a spot. A very easy access to the beach, we have a huge beach cart and it rolls easily down the entrance way and three is a wooden walkway to the ocean and barclay has its own water hose to spray the sand off. There is a decent free breakfast of donuts/bagels/cereal BUT the bonus is it that they breakfast is served oceanfront on a covered patio. Yes there is a lifeguard near, and very clean.

8. Re: Best hotel location?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2015, 05:25
Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach
Recent Conversations