We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic, ocean view, restaurant suggestion

Which Virginia Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
34 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic, ocean view, restaurant suggestion

Im looking for a restaurant to celebrate our upcoming wedding and hubby to be birthday this coming weekend. Im looking for something very romantic and must have ocean view and can sit outside. Ideally i am hoping for a place with good seafood, steak and wine list. i have been looking at Terrapin, one fish two fish and Salacia. I cant decide. i am open to other places as well but need some help. I want to go this friday night. Any suggestions. I appreciate it.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,411 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic, ocean view, restaurant suggestion

Wondering if you mean "oceanfront" very loosely. Terrapin is lovely in a shopping center a few blocks from the ocean. I wish they didn't describe it as a short walk. It's about 1000' from 32nd and Pacific. 300' is a football field. But delicious food, lovely presentation. One Fish Two Fish very nice...a few miles drive from the ocean, closer to the bay but surrounded by water, Lynnhaven River.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
34 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic, ocean view, restaurant suggestion

Thanks so much...ocean view is fine, I don't expect ocean front. Sounds like terrapin is neither...lol. One fish two fish I'm wondering if it's upscale enough. We want an adult night out without children screaming and to be romantic in ambiance. I love being on the water so I'm drawn to that and ok that it's the bay. How's the food? What about Salacia...any thoughts?

Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
75 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic, ocean view, restaurant suggestion

One Fish Two Fish is def. upscale enough. Where there be kids? Prob a few. But it is a nicer place to dine.

I personally would pass on One Fish. Both there food and service has really taken a nose dive in the past year. We had our rehearsal dinner there 5 years ago and it was great. We typically avoid One Fish these days.

Salacia (though I am not in love with their food), would prob. fit what you are looking for the best. Might also want to consider Lynnhaven Fish House which is on the Chesapeake Bay.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
34 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic, ocean view, restaurant suggestion

Thanks much for the feedback

Level Contributor
750 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic, ocean view, restaurant suggestion

Majestc,

Would love to hear where you decided to go???

Edited: 24 August 2014, 03:38
6. Re: Romantic, ocean view, restaurant suggestion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach