We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oceanfront Condo

Which Virginia Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cherry Hill, New...
Level Contributor
892 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Oceanfront Condo

We are a family of 4 (mom, dad, son, daughter) who are planning ahead for next summer's vacation. We want a condo that is oceanfront (want to be able to watch ocean from balcony). A pool is a requirement (preferably outdoor). We also want to be near the action (i.e., not Sandbridge). I have just looked on VRBO and it seems the only condos that come up that match this are Dolphin Run (but pool is indoor). Where else can I find these condos besides VRBO.

Thanks.

Milton, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
11 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oceanfront Condo

Hi NJ,

We have stayed at the Dolphin Run 2 years in a row, and they are absolutely wonderful. The indoor pool has the open ceiling where they can open it up on nice days. I researched condos also, and found The Edgewater Condos, but have never stayed there. If I remember right, they do have an outdoor pool. Hope that helps

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,834 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oceanfront Condo

There are not many condo complexes at the resort area, period. You might look at Kamla. They are individually owned so the quality will vary by owner. Some people advertise their condo on Facebook. Also the rental companies including Hudgins, Atkinson, Pyle -- all 3 have websites where you can see the properties for rent. Pacific Place is not oceanfront, and I'm not sure but I don't think it has a pool.

Ruckersville...
Level Contributor
479 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oceanfront Condo

The Ocean Beach Club is a time share that also rents the units out. They have an outdoor and an indoor pool The sizes are one to three bedrooms. Not all of the units face the ocean. The Schooner Inn has some connecting adjoining rooms with eff. kitchens. oceanfront balconies and and outdoor pool ( pool is not oceanside but on Atlantic Ave. Hope this helps.

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
5 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oceanfront Condo

Sandbridge Beach. The best option for you here in VB. Near everything, quiet and safe. Cannot go wrong here.

richmond
Level Contributor
28 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oceanfront Condo

My favorite condos are the Sanctuary but they're in Sandbridge. You may want to expand your search to homes on the strip with a pool. I can't think of too many condos that are in that range.

Cherry Hill, New...
Level Contributor
892 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oceanfront Condo

Although we really didn't want to take the long ride again, we have decided to go back to Myrtle Beach again. Unfortunately, we just cannot find all the amenities in Virginia Beach for the same price. We really wanted to try someplace different, but the budget won't allow it! :-(

richmond
Level Contributor
28 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oceanfront Condo

I've never been to Myrtle Beach, but I've tried to do some research in case we go someday. There seems to be tons of condos that fit what you're looking for. Sorry for the longer drive, but it sounds like a good choice for you all; enjoy your vacation!!!

8. Re: Oceanfront Condo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach