We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding in Virginia Beach

Timonium, Maryland
Level Contributor
193 posts
232 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding in Virginia Beach

Looking for comments from anyone having recent experience with a beach wedding/ reception on Virginia Beach. thanks.

Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
75 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding in Virginia Beach

Woooo...loaded question.

Do you mean someone who actually had the reception on the beach? Or the ceremony on the beach?

Or are you looking for venues on the oceanfront? or in the city of Virginia Beach?

A little more help as to what you are looking for

Timonium, Maryland
Level Contributor
193 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding in Virginia Beach

thanks; beach wedding (on the beach), reception at location right on the boardwalk (inside!).

Timonium, Maryland
Level Contributor
193 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding in Virginia Beach

thanks again.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,470 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding in Virginia Beach

Congratulations!

Let me start with VB resort wedding stuff from the City...permitting, no fake flowers, parking, etc:

vbgov.com/government/…Beach-Weddings.aspx

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,856 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding in Virginia Beach

As a guest, I can report that on a windy day, sand hurts. The reception at the Hilton was very nice -- good food and all that.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,470 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding in Virginia Beach

Bud Y had his wedding in Sandbridge on the beach I think.

virginia beach, va
Level Contributor
121 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding in Virginia Beach

I don't know about on the Boardwalk - it is so crowded in the summer that it could be a disaster. I have seen several weddings on the Beach at 57th St...the Wyndam Hotel. (My daughter lives on 55th and we often go to the beach there). It looks like they do a really nice job and I know the hotel has restaurants and ballrooms, etc. for the rehearsal dinner and/or reception. You might get some info from them at www.wyndom.com and check on Virginia Beach (5700 Atlantic Ave) and weddings.

Timonium, Maryland
Level Contributor
193 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding in Virginia Beach

Thanks to all; any other info appreciated. wedding will be in fall 15 for my daughter who lives in VB.

Altoona...
Level Contributor
349 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wedding in Virginia Beach

Yes we did explorer, on the north end about the 2400 block in Sandbridge. Ours was a very small wedding tho, just some of the kids who could make it. Scott Zeigler at Virginia Beach Wedding Company was the officiant, and was great to work with, considering we did a pirate themed weding - he even brought a Jolly Roger in case we didn't have one LOL. Generally I would think for the wedding itself, Sandbridge would make a better venue for privacy, and for much fewer interference possibilities, but for a reception it is kind of a non-starter. Since we had just family, we went back to the beach house and ate and partied there, which is kind of rough to do with a larger party. There are some 'event houses' they rent, but not sure if you could host a reception in one. Parking could also be an issue unless you were in the center of the beach.

There are several 'wedding companies' in VB who will help guide you thru the process, they do this all the time and have the contacts to put you in touch with the right people.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,470 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wedding in Virginia Beach

Sounds wonderful Bud

Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach
Recent Conversations