We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need hotel recommendations near Dam Neck Naval Base

Livermore...
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Topic
Need hotel recommendations near Dam Neck Naval Base

My husband and I will be visiting my daughter and need a place to stay that is close to the base as we will have to pick her up and drop her off there each day.

We don't need anything fancy, just clean and economical. We prefer the old style hotels where the corridor is on the outisde or hotels that have balconies. A refrigerator in the room and free continental breakfast is preferred.

We will be visiting the weekend of Feb. 16 -20.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,445 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need hotel recommendations near Dam Neck Naval Base

Have you tried the Navy Lodge?

https:/…dam_neck.html

A Queen with a kitchenette is only $56 for Feb. Your daughter would need to contact the Base Access Coordinator for a pass for you and I think she has to be there for your check-in.

Here's an interesting site. The following is the page that even tells you how far the hotel/motel is from the base. And a map included.

navalbasehotels.com/Oceana_NAS-map-in-Virgin…

You can cross check whichever one looks good to you. #5, Days Inn at the Beach, gets pretty good reviews.

Ask some more questions.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,445 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need hotel recommendations near Dam Neck Naval Base

I've never had a problem with #8 Ramada Inn at the Beach. Do check prices though; don't just stop at what that list gives as prices. Pull them up here, call them, see what the best rates are.

Virginia
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Need hotel recommendations near Dam Neck Naval Base

Navy Lodges are a fantastic value if you are authorized to get on to a Navy Base.

They have 3 hotels in the area one in Dam Neck, Little Creek, and Norfolk.

AMBNavy

4. Re: Need hotel recommendations near Dam Neck Naval Base

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 13:15
Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach