We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from Annapolis to Washington

Scotland, UK
Level Contributor
76 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Transport from Annapolis to Washington

We are going to be in Annapolis for a few days and plan to spend one of them "doing" Washington. We will have a rental car but would this be our best option or should we take public transport? Bus? park and ride on Metro? We don't know the area at all and are likely to be travelling at peak times so any advise would be appreciated.

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,862 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from Annapolis to Washington

Sorry I can't help you, but you might want to post this in the Annapolis and Washington DC forums as well. good luck!

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,508 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport from Annapolis to Washington

I see you're on the Washington forum. There is a Washington Va in the countryside...where the Inn at Little Washington is as referenced in the next post down. We can give you ideas but you may indeed get many more if you post this on Washington DC and perhaps Alexandria, Va.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport from Annapolis to Washington

Eligor:

You do mean Washington, DC, right? I think your best bet would be to park your rental car at a metro station and metro into the city for the day. I don't have any experience doing this from the Annapolis area, though, so you may want to post on the Annapolis, MD board for more specific suggestions of which metro station would be most convenient.

If you're coming into DC on a weekend, I think driving would be fine, but during the week if you're coming during rush hour, definitely best to use metro.

Good luck!

4. Re: Transport from Annapolis to Washington

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 16:24
Get answers to your questions about Washington