We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel & Resort Decision?

Bowie, MD
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel & Resort Decision?

Hi,

I am going to Williamsburg, VA at the end of July with my family and my friend's family. Looking for a great hotel or resort with amenities such as:

* Indoor & Outdoor Pools

* Kids Activities

* Close Proximity to local attractions (Colonial Williamsburg,

Water Country, dining, shopping)

* Spa (maybe for the wife)

* Not a run down or dated hotel

Budget $150 - $200/night.

Feeling a little frustrated and exhausted w/searching online and finding negative reviews.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ashburn, Virginia
Level Contributor
299 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel & Resort Decision?

It's possible to find at least some negative reviews for any hotel. Some people are never happy unless they're complaining.

Personally, I like the Hospitality House. Can't remember if they have an indoor pool, but they have an outdoor pool. The location is excellent. They're right across from W&M campus, and a scant few blocks from the Colonial area. Parking is easy with 3 underground garages and one above ground lot. And it's easy to get to Hwy 60 to get out to the theme parks. Budget-wise, I've been able to get deals on the big travel sites for about $100/night, but that was a 3-4 years ago and not in the middle of the peak season. YMMV.

us
Level Contributor
9,142 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel & Resort Decision?

see if the pasckages at www.kingsmill.com fit your budget

with the meals, transportation and tickets that are included this may be right for you. the resort can't be beat if you have children - so much to do.

compare the package inclusions and price to doing this separately, factor in the convenience of the shuttle to BG and WC and not paying a parking fee.

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
572 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel & Resort Decision?

Check out www.colonialwilliamsburg.org for info on CW lodging. The Lodge especially provides all the amenities you seek. If it does not fit your budget, CW has other hotels in all price ranges. The Spa is available to all. The added benefit to a CW hotel is the guest rate on CW admission tickets.

Beaufort, North...
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel & Resort Decision?

You can rent a condo.How many nights? I have a condo that i rent, would negotiate price with you.

5. Re: Hotel & Resort Decision?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 04:18