We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Howard Johnson's Plaza Hotel

chesterfield,va
Level Contributor
1,151 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Howard Johnson's Plaza Hotel

Anyone stay here? I see no reviews on this place and am begining to get nervous about our choice to stay here. Thanks for your imput.

us
Level Contributor
9,142 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Howard Johnson's Plaza Hotel

how nervous? You won;t like this - it would not rate high with me. if this is the HoJo on Richmond Road - it has recently changed ownership to HoJo - it is an older property. Location good. when are you visiting? Are you coming from 40 min away? Do you need to spend the night

chesterfield,va
Level Contributor
1,151 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Howard Johnson's Plaza Hotel

We are coming from Chesterfield.VA for a shopping trip. My daughter and I are spending the day and evening in Williamsburg as a special b-day present to her.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,529 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Howard Johnson's Plaza Hotel

The reason why there are no reviews is that the hotel reopened in December 2006 after being closed for a number of years. Hopefully it has been recently redone. You might want to read a thread from a while back before the hotel reopened (see link below).

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g58313-i102-k78701…

chesterfield,va
Level Contributor
1,151 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Howard Johnson's Plaza Hotel

Thanks so much for the info.

Level Contributor
62 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Howard Johnson's Plaza Hotel

Hello Cindy,

This place used to be the "Hotel Colonial America". My husband and I stayed there about 5-7 years ago, and our last visit was the pits.

I asked about this place on this forum awhile ago when I no lnger seen any reviews of the Hotel America. I got my answer.

Look it up on here, and it is no good. PLEASE look elsewhere for a place to stay.

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,885 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Howard Johnson's Plaza Hotel

It was completely gutted and renovated and it has new ownership and management. I haven't been to check it out myself, but it is not in same condition as it was 5 - 7 years ago. It may (or may not) be a fine place to stay now.

7. Re: Howard Johnson's Plaza Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 20:23
Get answers to your questions about Williamsburg