We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are coolers allowed in Water Country?

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Are coolers allowed in Water Country?

I've been to some parks that allow you to take in a cooler/food and then I've been to others that don't allow it. Does anyone know the guidelines for Water Country? I didn't see anything on their website.

Virginia
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are coolers allowed in Water Country?

I am not 100% positive if they still do it like this, but they used to NOT allow coolers in the park. They used to have picnic tables in the parking area so you could run out to the car and have lunch, etc and come back in. You COULD pack snacks in your beach bag, but a full blown cooler was a no-no-

Sorry this isn't necessarily up yo date, but I though some answer was better than none...

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Are coolers allowed in Water Country?

Thanks for the information....I appreciate it!!

Maryland, USA
Level Contributor
463 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are coolers allowed in Water Country?

I was about yo post the same question.

If anyone has been there recently and knows if they allow small coolers let us know. I am going this Sunday and will report back when I return

Lisa

Manchester, NH
Level Contributor
204 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are coolers allowed in Water Country?

I believe they do NOT. Bring your lunch in a cooler and leave it in your car. What a lot of families do (we did too) is leave the park (be sure and get your hand stamped) and eat by your car. There are some trees where you can have a picnic. It's a short walk from the lot to the entrance. We visited 2x the first week of July. The first time we paid for lunch ($50 for 2 adults and 3 kids) the next time we brought our own.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
298 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are coolers allowed in Water Country?

Hiya we went yesterday and you are not allowed coolers in there. However you will have a fab time and there is plenty of places whre you can eat and drink x

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
314 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are coolers allowed in Water Country?

We have taken a soft sided cooler, looks like a large womans tote bag, not a soft sided lunchbox type. However, we had to throw all the canned drinks away at the gate. You may can get away with screw top plastic bottles (unopened). Best bet, is to leave it in your car. You really don't want to be bothered with it while you ride the hubba-hubba -highway!

7. Re: Are coolers allowed in Water Country?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 02:19
Get answers to your questions about Williamsburg