We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thinking of bringing my Middle School Band in April or May

Which Williamsburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Apopka, FL
1 post
Save Topic
Thinking of bringing my Middle School Band in April or May

We would be arriving on Thursday AM and Sightseeing that entire day and then also sightseeing on Friday along with performing at a festival. What would you recomend seeing in that day and a half or so for that age group of kids?

Ashburn, Virginia
Level Contributor
299 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thinking of bringing my Middle School Band in April or May

I have to admit when I was that age, and visiting Williamsburg with my band, we really only cared about Busch Gardens. Sold a lot of boxes of Krispy Kremes and pizzas so we could all go. :)

I also came with the gifted program and that trip was more focused on the historical sites of the area. The things that stood out were visiting the windmill, the armory, Jamestown (remember the glassblowing demonstration specifically) and the Yorktown battlefields. They would probably also really enjoy a guided lantern ghost tour.

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
572 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thinking of bringing my Middle School Band in April or May

If you are bringing a group, contact CW Group Arrivals and arrange for discounted group passes and they can assist you with an itinerary that will fit your school group. It is best to call 1-800-HISTORY or (757)229-1000 and ask for Group Sales.

3. Re: Thinking of bringing my Middle School Band in April or May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 00:22