We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Busch Gardens this weekend

North Carolina
4 posts
Save Topic
Busch Gardens this weekend

Hi! My husband are coming to Williamsburg on Thursday evening. We are planning on going to Busch Gardens on Friday. Do you think it will be very crowded since most schools are still in. Also, I know it may rain Friday. If it does, do you think Saturday will be too terrible crowded?

Thanks for the help!

Kathy

Ranson, West...
Level Contributor
535 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Busch Gardens this weekend

Although the weekends are typically more crowded than the weekdays, Fridays will not be as crowded as Saturdays. As long as it is not a constant downpour, I actually prefer to go there on days where rain is looming because it means even less crowds. And there is still so much to do indoors there, including some of the rides, shows, shopping, etc. June rains here are rarely a constant downpour, they are usually very scattered- meaning on 10 minutes, off 60 minutes, then on 5 minutes, & off again, etc, if you know what I mean. You could save the indoor things as "just in case's" for any potentially rainy moments, but I wouldn't count it out entirely based on some rain. If it rains on Friday, chances are your BG visit could still be a go, & maybe even better than if it didn't rain at all! =)

North Carolina
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Busch Gardens this weekend

If it is just off and on showers like that, I am still planning on going Friday. However, I checked the hourly forecast for that day and it says it will most likely be raining all day. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed. But if it does, we always have Saturday! We won't have our two kids with us and long lines should be more bearable without kids! Besides, it is always crowded when we go, I was just hoping to have one trip that we could avoid the crowds. We will be back with the kids later this summer on weekdays, so maybe that time will be better! Thanks for your help!

Ranson, West...
Level Contributor
535 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Busch Gardens this weekend

Kluv,

The forecast here is known for constantly changing & getting pushed further back. So there's still a chance of even no rain at all, trust me! Really the only way to know is to check just the day before. Here's hopin our traditional changing forecast maintains it's usual fluctuation for your trip! And also that, if it does rain, the current 60% chance for rain will only last for a short period of time (but is still enough to intimidate everyone else planning on going that day, lol) & the other 40% chance for clear weather lasts the rest of the day for you.

Eliz

4. Re: Busch Gardens this weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 December 2009, 05:21
Get answers to your questions about Williamsburg