We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report BG

WenWillitB
Level Contributor
151 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report BG

First, thanks to all that helped me make decisions for my trip!

Our trip was from 7/03-7/07.

7/04...BG by 9:30pm no waiting on lines

7/05...BG all day arrived @ 11am. Lines not so bad especially once it started to rain that got rid of some people. Again lines not more than 15-20min & with rain no line except things that were more indoors like the 2-4d rides.

7/06...BG arrived around 6pm. Surprising for a Mon this was the busiest of all the dys that we were there. Some lines were 1/2hr & the roman rapids line took forever!

My husband & son's fav ride Apollo's Chariot, husband had a love/hate thing w/ Griffon. Alpegenist was out the whole time. My favorite was Lockness Monster.

Chicken from Trapper's Smokehouse excellent but the Jambalaya not that good

Hartsdale, New York
Level Contributor
107 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report BG

So, all in all did you like BG?

Refresh my memory, were you the person who had sons that weren't big on coasters in general?

I'm really surprised that there were no lines on the 4th! Was it just not that busy?

I wonder what it was like during the week leading up to the 4th? If it's not too bad we may consider switching our usual time to travel to that week so that we can travel with kids who are of school age without them having any pressure to take them out of school for a week.

Ranson, West...
Level Contributor
535 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report BG

Great report! Wow, that IS strange for Monday to be the most crowded. But then again, thinking about it, with the 4th being on Saturday, many businesses' 'holiday' fell on that Monday, including the military bases. Maybe everyone being off of work that day figured that day would be the 'best' day to go with 'less crowds', making it therefore the most crowded day there was, lol.

I went on the evening of 7/2 (Thurs)- they have fireworks every night 7/1-4, so I too figured I'd nix the crowds on 7/4. Although crowded compared to most Thursdays, there really were no lines for the rides we went on- no more than a 10-15 minute wait. It seemed to be mostly families there, with strollers, etc so the kiddie rides were the ones with the lines, not the larger rides or coasters, so walking thru the park was the most crowded part for us. And after the fireworks show was over, about 9:45, most people went home- after that point there were some rides where we were the only people in our line, literally got right on the ride!

us
Level Contributor
9,142 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report BG

"But then again, thinking about it, with the 4th being on Saturday, many businesses' 'holiday' fell on that Monday, including the military bases. " Friday, not Monday, was the "holiday" off for government, military and most businesses that close for Independence Day. July 4th week is always busy - not surprising this year was any different.

I concur on the Jambalaya!

WenWillitB
Level Contributor
151 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report BG

Yes Monst, I did enjoy my trip to BG.

But as far as the crowds on 7/04; I don't know what it was like during the day b/c we got there right after the fireworks. And like Eliz that's when the rides were free of lines & we were able to repeat rides once we had gotten off.

Ranson, West...
Level Contributor
535 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report BG

Bridgefan, I;m afraid I know for a fact from quite a few personal & business connections that the local military bases & many local businesses used Monday for their holiday. While I'm sure that SOME businesses opted to use Friday, (I know of only one personally that did so), when July 4 falls on a Saturday, it depends on each business which day they choose to use for the holiday. My assumption on the crowd factor was therefore based on several solid factors, but was still simply an assumption nonetheless when it came to the uncommon crowd found at BG on any July 5th, or most Mondays in general for that matter. Picking apart every statement isn't always necessary dear =)

And those local to the area know that the shoulder dates surrounding July 4 when they fall on weekdays are not always busy, as many of the posts/threads from travelers & locals specify was the case this year as well. It's wonderful to hear the differing trends each year, especially this year with so much interest in the economy change. Thank you again SheaMe for your trip report! It's so interesting to us locals, & so helpful for future travelers!

6. Re: Trip Report BG

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2010, 05:18