We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Wolf Lodge food advice

Virginia
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Great Wolf Lodge food advice

Taking a group of kids ages 9-15 the last week in July and was wondering if anyone could give us any advice about resturants other than what is at the lodge to feed eleven people on a budget. I know that there is a local Wal-mart that is minutes away and that we will have a fridge and microwave in our rooms. Any suggestions for a breakfast and a dinner?

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,861 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great Wolf Lodge food advice

Fast food that's close by includes Chick-Fil-A, Sonic, and possibly a Burger King; it's new and I don't know if it's open yet. Also an I-Hop. For Carolina-style barbecue, there's Pierce's Pitt barbecue joint.

gettysburg, pa
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
Level Contributor
994 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great Wolf Lodge food advice

We loved the new Jungle Jim's right on the property. It was relatively inexpensive with big portions. I appreciated that they didn't try to gouge us with the kids meals.

We also enjoyed visiting the Sonic that is right down the road at the WalMart. They have a $1 menu with plenty to please. ($1 sundaes are a good treat! They're small, but you get one candy topping, whipped cream, and a cherry) Sonic also has a happy hour with half-price drinks from 2-4.

For adults, there is a coffee maker in the room. Pick up a pint of cream at the store and you won't have to pay $2.50 for a cup of coffee (that you will desperately need after all the fun in the waterpark!) We bought cereal bars and cereal at the Wal Mart, and ate breakfast in our rooms. This was an advantage because it let us get to the waterpark right at opening.

3. Re: Great Wolf Lodge food advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2010, 06:16