We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kids programs

Somerville, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Kids programs

I'm going to Williamsburg with my 2 8years olds on 8/30 for a week. I just read that the childrens programs would be over (from another poster). What exactly does that mean? I guess I haven't had time to do all my research earlier and didn't know when we booked this date that there were programs we'd be missing when we went. Can someone enlighten me?

Ranson, West...
Level Contributor
535 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kids programs

Hi mindelmouse,

Although Colonial Williamsburg has additional special Children's Programs during the summer, not all Children's Programs will end. There are still plenty of things for your 8-year-olds to enjoy- see the link to this thread from a similar recent question/answer discussion tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g58313-i102-k29978…

This link will have all the information you need to help make your family trip successful & fun!

(Wow, two 8-year-olds, what a handful! I have one 8-year-old, I can't imagine having two lol! =))

Somerville, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kids programs

That's the topic link I saw that made me nervous. I just didn't know what programs they were referring to? I'm sure there's still plenty for us to do, just curious about what we'll be missing.

Ranson, West...
Level Contributor
535 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kids programs

Here is a link to the Kid's Summer Program that lists the special kid's programs that will be ending before your visit. colonialwilliamsburg.org/kids/images/Kidsbro…

If it helps, here is a link to a video showing CW's kid's activities. colonialwilliamsburg.org/media/…

Also, if you follow this link to the Event Calendar on CW's website, & click on the 'Family Program' filter & check out the dates of your visit, there are still quite a few fun activities for them to enjoy even though the others are ending

history.org/visit/…index.cfm

Central Illinois
Level Contributor
874 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kids programs

Hi, check out this website for the Jamestown Settlement, very hands on for kids.

http://www.historyisfun.org/

There are reproductions of a Native American Village, a dock with 3 ships, and Jamestown Fort.

Also a museum, gift shoppe, visitors center and restaurant.

Have fun!!

5. Re: Kids programs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2010, 07:17