We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Busch Gardens & Water Country Food

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
23 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Busch Gardens & Water Country Food

My husband, 11 yr old son & I are going to Williamsburg on 8/30 & staying 5 nights. We plan to spend most of our time at the parks so I'm buying the meal deals. The hotel we are staying at doesn't have a computer center so I need to buy the deals before we leave, so I'm figuring out in advance how many deals to purchase.

I remember how big the portions are at BG but not water country. Are the portions huge also?

Most of the nights we are there, BG will close at 7:00, does anyone know what time the restaurants stop serving food?

Also, are the kids meals mostly smaller versions of adult meals or are they mostly "kids" stuff like hot dogs & chicken tenders?

Thanks!

Dublin
Level Contributor
394 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Busch Gardens & Water Country Food

We found the portions in WC 'huge' comparred to BC but also a lot more expensive !... We were in BG in Jul and meal for 3 mains & 4 drinks & 3 deserts came to a little over USD25.oo(in the main hall in Germany with a fab show while we ate) but when we went to WC the following day and the bill for inferior food for the same order as BC was USD40 !..

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
23 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Busch Gardens & Water Country Food

Thanks Guinness! I guess I'm still going to go with the meal deals since it seems the safest thing to do, but your BG meal was only $25 for 3 meals, deserts & drinks. That's seems pretty good to me. We spend way more than that we went 2 yrs ago but we had 2 kids with us then, we are only bringing 1 with us this time.

I was actually on the fence about needing a meal deal for water county but since they are expensive I'm going to definitely buy the deal.

Thanks again!

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,891 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Busch Gardens & Water Country Food

GuinnessDublin, your totals for Festhaus sound low. I would expect main, drink, and dessert to run $10 - $15 per person. The drinks alone should be around $2.50 each. Desserts are $2 something to $3 something each. So I don't know how you ended up spending so little.

Ranson, West...
Level Contributor
535 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Busch Gardens & Water Country Food

It could be possible if they got the little pizzas, which are around $5 each. But, yes, the full meals that include a main & a side are usually between $8-$12 each, plus the addl cost of a drink & dessert.

5. Re: Busch Gardens & Water Country Food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2010, 06:20