We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passes for CW

Which Williamsburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
langsue@msn.com
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Topic
Passes for CW

We're all adults going to CW in October. Thinking of buying our passes before hand on line because there is a discount. Should we get a two day pass ($41) in order to see everything or can we purchase our passes anywhere in Williamsburg for a discount? Is a one day pass enough? Thanks.

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,790 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Passes for CW

The one day pass doesn't include the Governor's Palace, so I recommend the 2-day pass (at the very least). Annual pass isn't a lot more, and it gives some discounts on evening programs, so if that's something you are interested in, it might be worth it. If you're a AAA member, check with them for discounts, too.

Ranson, West...
Level Contributor
535 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Passes for CW

I don't feel the 1 day pass is enough. CW is large, with lots of different programming each day- it would be very very difficult to cover everything you'd want to do in just 1 day. Most people that get the 1 day pass end up upgrading it anyway, lol. Definitely at least get the 2-day pass. But if you are in town longer, the Liberty Pass is the way to go. True it is valid for a full year, but if you even go for 3 days it's already paid for itself, not to mention the discounts & inclusions with it.

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
572 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Passes for CW

The Governor's Key pass is the one to purchase, even if you are here one day. It is a misnomer to call it a two-day pass because it is the pass you want whether here one or two days since it is the only all inclusive pass. The consecutive second day is a bonus day that comes with the purchase regardless if it is used. Thanks to CW marketing department, everyone, even employees, are confused by the passes offered. The Capital City pass (without the Governor's Palace) is designed for those who just drop by CW and are not here long enough to see much, as is the audio tour. If here three days or more buy the Liberty Pass. The discounts offered on site are seniors over 62 10%; military 10%; school teachers 50%; travel agents 50%; handicapped 50%. Please bring credentials to receive discounts. AAA is not offered at CW but discounted vouchers can be purchased at your local office.

Ranson, West...
Level Contributor
535 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Passes for CW

You are indeed right, catneal, I'm so glad they revamped the names of the passes now to more properly reflect the differences between them & their inclusions, etc (i.e. One Day Plus pass, etc)- it's hard to get out of the habit of using old pass terms (Do you know how long it took me to stop using the term 'Freedom Pass'? lol)

5. Re: Passes for CW

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2010, 06:21