We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant at the Williamsburg Lodge?

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant at the Williamsburg Lodge?

Has anyone tried the restaurant at the Lodge in the last year or so? I understand it's relatively new. I'm considering trying it largely because it would be so convenient - I have a late-afternoon treatment at the Spa, which puts me later than my usual for dinner. The Lodge would be especially convenient, and make me less rushed finishing up at the Spa. I'm looking for something quiet and peaceful that won't undo the restful bliss of the spa (so Fat Canary is out, and I've done the Trellis so often I'm up for something new), but I'm a bit of a foodie, and really do care about quality.

Williamsburg, VA
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
1,726 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant at the Williamsburg Lodge?

Adjacent to the Spa is the magnificient Regency Room at the Williamsburg Inn. Treat yourself to its elegance, and you won't regret or forget it.

The Dining Room at the Lodge is fine-- quiet with good food but not as elegant, of course, as the Regency Room. If you happen to be there on Friday evening, the Lodge also has a seafood buffet.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant at the Williamsburg Lodge?

Thanks - I considered the Inn, but since I'll be going directly from the spa to dinner, and will have to dress at the spa, I didn't want to deal with dressing up as much as I think a Saturday night dinner at the Inn calls for.

Since my focus for this trip is on the spa and the art show (in early October), dinner can take a bit of a backseat, but I don't want to do something really blah. The Lodge's menu had some things that appeal, but I don't think I've eaten at the Lodge in 30 years, and would not have even considered it until I learned the restaurant was relatively new.

Williamsburg, VA
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
1,726 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant at the Williamsburg Lodge?

You will enjoy the Lodge -- it is typically quiet and comfortable, with a good, varied menu.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant at the Williamsburg Lodge?

Thanks! I'll give it a try.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant at the Williamsburg Lodge?

Just had to report back. My dinner at the new restaurant in the Lodge was really very good - the best meal I've had in Williamsburg in several years. The appetizer - which involved fried green tomatoes, regular tomatoes, boursin cheese, bacon, and balsanic vinegar - was excellent, and although it was one of the evening's specials, I was told it is about to be added to the regular menu. The pesto served with the bread was also outstanding, made with herbs grown right outside the kitchen (although I may have gotten the last they'll have for this season). The filet was good, but the other two dishes really shone. Much better than any meal I've had at the Trellis in quite a few years. I'll definitely be back here again.

Williamsburg, VA
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
1,726 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant at the Williamsburg Lodge?

Thank you for the post -- it's great to hear that a recommendation turned out so positive!

How was your Spa treatment?

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant at the Williamsburg Lodge?

The Spa was really wonderful. I had been once before (and was anxious to return), but this time I spent more time there to really utilize the outdoor pool, the jacuzzi, steam room, and lounge. This is one of the nicest spas I've been to - quite lovely, with excellent facilities.

8. Re: Restaurant at the Williamsburg Lodge?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2010, 07:16