We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BG operating schedule??

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
437 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
BG operating schedule??

We are planning a trip to Williamsburg in the spring but have BG open is a must. When does the park restart regular operations?? When does the weather dependablly warm up. It seems to me may be best to wait until early May??

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BG operating schedule??

Hi, mother -- If you want actual weather data, averages are available on weather websites. I use weather.com. You have to click on *Yesterday*. That page has the option to search day-by-day averages for the entire year and you can decide for yourself when *warm* usually happens. Good luck!

Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,945 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BG operating schedule??

This year, BG was open daily during Spring Break dates in April (April 3 - 19), then weekends only until May 22. As far as I know, operating dates are undetermined for next year. If you're OK with weekends only, early/mid-May could work, but if you want it open daily, late May onward would be better.

Ranson, West...
Level Contributor
535 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BG operating schedule??

BG usually opens the last weekend in March. But as Zoey said, with the exception of Spring Break week(s), it is only open on the weekends until after Memorial Day weekend.

The weather here fluctuates so much. Although the seasonal average for early May would be upper 60's for a high, 'unseasonal' averages are very frequent- one week could be 80 degrees, and the next week could be in the 50s. I would say 'dependably' warming up, as you mentioned, would generally occur closer to late May or early June.

4. Re: BG operating schedule??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2010, 05:19