We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thinking about 3-4 days in CW valentine's day weekend.

York, SC
2 posts
Save Topic
Thinking about 3-4 days in CW valentine's day weekend.

Married couple late 50's. I know that the hotels are a bargain at that time, however, I need to know how many of the venues can we enjoy if the temp is cool and rainy or really cold. Thanks for your candid advice.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thinking about 3-4 days in CW valentine's day weekend.

Hi, Rufii -- welcome to the forum!

Whether the temps are warm or cold, and whether it is raining or not will probably not affect you beyond altering your walking pace. CW does not present outdoor activities, in general, during the winter season.

Of course, there is a LOT of walking ... 400 buildings within a restored area that is a mile long and half a mile wide. You can't use your car to good advantage in seeing the historic area, and the free shuttle busses circle the perimeter, only.

I remember a Valentine's Day when we spotted crocuses blooming along ancient foundations -- what a thrill to a gardener from Chicago. Of course, that probably wouldn't impress someone from your climate! :-)

You should be able to see what programs are on by checking the online calendar at www.history.org. The schedule is slimmer than in the busier seasons, but it is very nice to have the extra elbow room and reduced competition for attention. Have a lovely trip!

NEWPORT NEWS, VA
Destination Expert
for Hampton, Newport News
Level Contributor
450 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Thinking about 3-4 days in CW valentine's day weekend.

If you have 3 or 4 days to visit Williamsburg I would suggest to also check out the neighbouring cities of Newport News and Hampton,they have a lot to offer,especially if the weather turns out to be very cold,some nice places to visit are the Mariners Museum,the Virginia Living Museum and the Air and Space Center.Enjoy your trip!

Virginia
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Thinking about 3-4 days in CW valentine's day weekend.

Gonna have to go ahead and disagree on the Newport News suggestion. I will suggest for Valentines Day dinner you go to the Fat Canary on Merchants Square. It's a small place so get your reservations early. Best restaurant in a town of many good restaurants in my opinion.

4. Re: Thinking about 3-4 days in CW valentine's day weekend.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2010, 05:16