We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June 2011 kids, grandma and parents -top 5 must do

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
391 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
June 2011 kids, grandma and parents -top 5 must do

Just want to have fun for all. In the planning stage. I know I want to do Colonial Williamsburg with the kids. I want them to have an experience, maybe Busch Gardens

I need suggestions for places to stay, things to do and places to eat that will please all.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: June 2011 kids, grandma and parents -top 5 must do

Hi, whatyousee -- an early welcome to Williamsburg! You have plenty of time to plan, which is a good thing. You could start checking history.org on a regular basis to get a feel for the types of activities and offerings that are available. Look at the calendar pages for June 2010 to develop a sense of the rhythm of the days in the restored area. If applicable to the ages of your children, look at the kids' pages on the website.

What constitutes *must-do's* for your mixed generation group will depend on whether you intend to visit as one unit, or split up according to interests and stamina.

My best advice would be to stay *on campus* at either the Woodlands or the Lodge, or for a true immersion experience, in a Colonial House. These give you great walking access to the restoration (instant access, in the case of the Lodge and Houses)

and consequently better time/comfort management that is not possible if you have to drive back and forth to a hotel or resort.

I would definitely plan on at least one evening program and one tavern dinner.

Best!

2. Re: June 2011 kids, grandma and parents -top 5 must do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2010, 07:16