We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Photos of Williamsburg

Level Contributor
111 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Photos of Williamsburg

Can someone tell me where I can find a site that shows the interiors of places like the George Wyeth house and the Governor's Palace? I am trying to label my photos and didn't do a good job of writing them down when I took photos. Thank you. Once, I had found a site from someone's photos but didn't bookmark it and can't find it now.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,220 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Photos of Williamsburg

you might post your photos on a site like flickr and let us comment on the possible locations.

Ranson, West...
Level Contributor
535 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Photos of Williamsburg

Try this:

colonialwilliamsburg.org/media/photography.c…

Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Photos of Williamsburg

Interior shots will be extemely difficult to find online. I tried doing an internet search for you and nothing came up showing interior pic tures. Your best bet is posting them online (as previously suggested) in hopes that someone can identify them). It's too bad you didn't go to Walgreens and (can't think of the name of it) but they put all your photos in miniature on little cards in the order they were shot. Really helps with identifying unusual shots later!

Ranson, West...
Level Contributor
535 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Photos of Williamsburg

The link I provided above has plenty of interior shots. It takes you right to Colonial Williamsburg's official media library page- just scroll down to the bottom of that page to click on the photo link & you will find all of their pictures categorized. Once you have chosen & are in a category, if you hover over each photo a caption will pop up- many of those captions include the name of the building they were taken in. Hope you found it helpful! =)

Level Contributor
111 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Photos of Williamsburg

Dear Eliziam1,

I just finished labeling all of my photos. I had a question about a couple from the George Wyeth house but found my answer in the description at Wikepedia of all places. I was unable to see interior shots of Williamsburg from the link you provided even thought I clicked on all of the categories. Thank you for your help though. Happy New Year.

Ranson, West...
Level Contributor
535 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Photos of Williamsburg

How odd. I just checked again, and still found plenty of interior shots in the 'Historic Trades', 'American Revolution', & 'Lifestyle' categories, also labeled as to which buildings they were located in. Perhaps they just weren't the buildings you were looking for. ? Oh well, glad you found what you needed!

Level Contributor
2,040 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Photos of Williamsburg

I just viewed the pictures that you provided and really enjoyed them! Thanks for the link. Great shots. I will save that in my favorites for sure.

Level Contributor
111 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Photos of Williamsburg

Dear Eliziam1,

I must be doing something wrong. I am not very computer savvy. I doubleclicked on the bluewords of the site you mentioned and get the Williamsburg site, but I can't find the categories you mention. I see columns labeled Visit and under that Hotels, Calendar, Tickets, etc. Next column History with People, Places. Life, Clothing, Trades, etc and when I click on each of them up comes a picture with a description etc. Next is the column Teacher with A DAy in the Life, Electronic Field trip, etc. It has been interesting reading but I don't see what you refer to. I do appreciate the help. And I am really puzzled since iluuvhawaii could see them. It's me, I know.

Ranson, West...
Level Contributor
535 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Photos of Williamsburg

If you scroll down to the bottom of that page, you will find a further link. I probably should have just provided that direct link instead, here ya go: http://colonialwilliamsburg.photoshelter.com/

Scroll down the page to find the categories.

Level Contributor
111 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Photos of Williamsburg

You are so kind. I really enjoyed looking at these photos. Thank you so much. Happy New Year. Linda