We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advice for april

Which Williamsburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Keene, New Hampshire
9 posts
Save Topic
advice for april

we will be going for 5 nights starting april 17. So far all we have are our plane tickets. A local travel agent is giving advice, but the first hotel was 370$ a night.. the 2nd was 170.. the embassy. It seems nice, but still a bit pricey. It's my husband and my 12 year old son.. Busch G. is 75% of the reason we are going. I would like to have a pool (indoor) and maybe breakfast... but don't want to pay 50$ more a night for breakfast. Once we figure out where we will stay, I know I'll have more questions.. Can't wait to get away!

Iowa
Level Contributor
300 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: advice for april

The high prices may be because it is Garden Week in Virginia the week you are coming. Tuesday, April 19th is the special Garden Week day for Williamsburg. Check out the websites (Travelocity, Orbitz, etc.). Perhaps you can find less expensive suggestions there.

Williamsburg...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: advice for april

On Tuesday, April 19th, The Williamsburg Garden Club hosts one of three dozen tours during the 78th Historic Garden Week in Virginia, sponsored by the Garden Club of Virginia. Historic Garden Week, April 16-23, 2011, is the oldest and largest statewide house and garden tour event in the nation. More than 250 beautiful gardens, homes, and historic landmarks will be open during the week. For more information on Garden Week, visit: http://www.vagardenweek.org/.

A large selection of hotels, motels, and B & Bs are in the area, and they range from the budget to the elite. Please check this site for accommodations and other leads:http://www.williamsburgcc.com/

Ranson, West...
Level Contributor
535 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: advice for april

It also may be high in the area because your stay covers part of spring break's timeframe. Have you considered staying maybe just outside the main tourist area instead? You would be surprised how much you could save. The city of Newport News neighbors Williamsburg and many times will have lower rates during the peak Williamsburg tourist times. I would recommend checking the Point Plaza hotel & the Holiday Inn & Suites, they are both right by I-64 so you can jump right on for an easy straight shot to Busch Gardens, which would only be about 15 min away. You mentioned you would like breakfast included- Point Plaza includes a full hot breakfast buffet with your room, & the Holiday Inn offers a particular 'Best for Breakfast' rate that will include breakfast. Both hotels have great AAA ratings, have both standard rooms & suites, & both have indoor pools. I know the Point Plaza also has free Wifi & a free business center, not sure about the Holiday Inn on those particular amenities.

You also may consider looking at a package deal thru Busch Gardens Vacations- they partner with the area hotels to offer great package deals with a room & tickets, with hotels in Williamsburg & in Newport News & I think a few also in VA Beach. Most times you can save money when purchasing this type of vacation in a package, instead of the tickets & room separately.

Hope that helps!

Upstate New York
Level Contributor
145 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: advice for april

Check out the timeshare/condo availability during that time period.

Powhatan might be nice

5. Re: advice for april

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 11:16