We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water Country Life Vests/ Summer Crowds

Alabama
Level Contributor
703 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Water Country Life Vests/ Summer Crowds

I see on the Water Country site that they have life vests available for free use. Are these plentiful, or do I need to consider bringing my own? We will be there the last of May/first of June and it will be for a 6 year old.

Also...when do the summer crowds begin in Busch Gardens/ Colonial Williamsburg? We will be arriving on May 27th for a week of fun, and I'm wondering if we will have long wait times at attractions.

Williamsburg, VA
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
1,719 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water Country Life Vests/ Summer Crowds

Life vests are plentiful, and found throughout the park. If you have need for a hard-to-find size, guest relations will assist you in finding the size that you need.

May 27 is the Friday before Memorial Day Monday, which is typically a very crowded day at the parks. Water Country and BG will be open the entire week after Memorial Day, so you may be better off going in the middle of your week, rather than the first weekend.

Alabama
Level Contributor
703 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water Country Life Vests/ Summer Crowds

Thanks for the info, BixDoc!

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water Country Life Vests/ Summer Crowds

We visited last July & brought our own life vest for our daughter (at the time 1 yr) and after our first day there realized they had vest EVERYWERE. So instead of having to keep and tote around our personal one, we left ours at the hotel and just used Water Country vest!

Fredericksburg...
Level Contributor
146 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water Country Life Vests/ Summer Crowds

The last time we went we purchased a pair of BG's water shoes. They really helped on the hot pavement while scurrying around. The price wasn't bad but you might want to look into it before you come. We had so much fun with the other big kids, we're close to 60. Can't wait to return this summer.

5. Re: Water Country Life Vests/ Summer Crowds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 11:16