We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Busch Gardens - One day food vouchers worth it?

Adelaide
Level Contributor
6 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Busch Gardens - One day food vouchers worth it?

Going to Busch Gardens in July - first visit. Do you save a lot by buying the one day all you can eat food and drink vouchers online before going?

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
7,044 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Busch Gardens - One day food vouchers worth it?

I just checked BG's website and didn't find the "all you can eat." What I found was the Meal Deal Package. More info can be found here: …4adventure.com/estore/…diningbooknow.aspx Hover over the "things to know" to read the terms and conditions.

That sounds like a pretty good deal if you plan on being at the park for lunch and dinner. The souvenir drink cup that is included is worth around $4 by itself. I don't remember the exact price, but with the cup you can get 99 cent refills, and you can fill it at water fountains, or ask for water, at no charge.

Ranson, West...
Level Contributor
535 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Busch Gardens - One day food vouchers worth it?

You do save. As far as 'alot'- it depends on how much you view as 'alot'. =)

Most full meal platters can be as much as $11-$15 in themselves & don't include a souvenir cup. So to have a lunch, AND dinner, AND souvenir cup (which is refillable all day) for $26, yes you will save probably at least around $6 or so per voucher you buy- more if you buy drinks all day instead of utilizing the water fountains.

I wouldn't suggest getting one for every person in your party, however- I would suggest getting 1 for every TWO people in your party- because most full meal platters have way more than enough for 2 to share. You can do a search in the search box under Busch Gardens food vouchers or meal vouchers & find alot of discussion on them for more info.

To save some $$, you also can pack food in a cooler to keep in your car, get your hand stamped to exit & re-enter the park, & eat at one of the picnic areas that surround the parking lots. You also are permitted to bring in snack items & bottled water & such things in a backpack in the park, you just can't bring in full coolers.

Have fun!

Edited: 24 June 2011, 19:29
Adelaide
Level Contributor
6 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Busch Gardens - One day food vouchers worth it?

Thanks so much for your quick replies! They were really helpful!

Clayton, NC
Level Contributor
4 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Busch Gardens - One day food vouchers worth it?

We purchased the meal deal on our last trip to Busch Gardens, Williamsburg. We visit the park frequently and were curious whether it offers true savings. For those who enjoy junk food and soda, the meal deal might be a worthwhile purchase. Our "real" savings was about 22%, not the 40% suggested at the BG website. However, had we eaten a la carte, we would have made different selections, choosing sandwiches over platters of greasy meat and fries, and actually spent less (overall savings about $8).

Happy travels,

Karen

familytravelsonabudget.blogspot.com

Mentioned in this post
Busch Gardens Williamsburg
Busch Gardens...
7,645 Reviews
Williamsburg, VA
Brookneal, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,637 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Busch Gardens - One day food vouchers worth it?

I guess part if what you get out of it is where you choose to eat and how picky you may or may not be...

We find the deal to be totally worth it. :)

Our last trip, for 2 adults and our 17 year old son, we pre-purchased 2 meals.

We ate at the Trapper's Smokehouse in New France.

On the Williamsburg forum some people have the opinion that the BBQ there is the best in the area- I didn't say it, they did.

I am unfamiliar with other local BBQ joints, so I have no frame of reference for comparing them, but it's far better than what we can find in our local southern rural restaurants at home.

It's not just "greasy meat".

It's really GOOD, tender, almost falling off the bone BBQ(chicken, pork and beef brisket) , and I am a southerner who smokes my own pork for 12 hours or more at home, I'm familiar with good BBQ...

Also, there are lots of choices for side dishes, not just greasy fries.

"Macaroni and Cheese

Mixed Green Salad

Baked Beans

Corn on the Cob

Cole Slaw

Fried Pickles

Green Beans"

We found the volume of food for a platter (NON-BABY BACK RIBS PLATTER) to be plenty for two people to share, as it includes dessert.

Our son was able to eat his meal completely by himself but just remember, he was a 17 year old eating machine at the time, and he doesn't ride Griffon... ;)

Hope you have a wonderful visit and eat some BBQ for me please! :)

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
179 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Busch Gardens - One day food vouchers worth it?

So for 2 adults and 2 8 yos, would 2 vouchers be enough?

Brookneal, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,637 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Busch Gardens - One day food vouchers worth it?

You should be able to, barring any exceptionally picky eaters...

or exceptionally enormous appetites...

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
60 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Busch Gardens - One day food vouchers worth it?

I buy them for every trip, in fact I just bought them for our upcoming trip. The platters for Trapper's and Ristorante della PIazza feed teo of us. I definitely think they are a good deal.

central NC
Level Contributor
32 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Busch Gardens - One day food vouchers worth it?

I have been thinking about making this purchase as well and have a follow up question. Could I use the voucher for dinner on day 1 and then the rest of the voucher on day 2 at lunch time? Does the voucher have to be used all in the same day?

Clayton, NC
Level Contributor
4 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Busch Gardens - One day food vouchers worth it?

The vouchers (you get three: one for lunch, one for dinner and one for the drink) must all be used the same day. Great question.