We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good place for fall foliage?

Which Williamsburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
florida
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
good place for fall foliage?

Is Williamsburg especially lovely in the fall-- or not so much? (Is it prettier in spring?)

Are there places in that area of I-95 that might have better fall foliage? E.g. how would the Charlottesville area compare?

Thank you.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: good place for fall foliage?

Williamsburg is enjoyable spring or fall, especially the garden.

Fall colors should peak a little later in Williamsburg over Charlottesville. Either place should be nice in the fall.

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
572 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: good place for fall foliage?

Most often the leaf color in this part of the state does not occur until November. The western areas of Virginia, especially in the mountains west of Charlottesville, have more fall colors in October. Spring gardens are lovely here starting in April.

Level Contributor
2,002 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: good place for fall foliage?

Since I have the option, I visit the flatlanders in spring and stay here out west in fall.

The spring flowers in the east are stunning and folks there seem to landscape accordingly. Not to say their fall colors aren't beautiful, they just don't have the tree density and vistas available to you just west of Charlottesville.

4. Re: good place for fall foliage?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 08:19