We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maryland Blue Crab in Virginia?

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
4 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Maryland Blue Crab in Virginia?

We are travelling to Williamsburg in late October and my wife loves Blue Crab houses...mallets, crackers, brown paper table cloths and beer! Any places like Phillips etc...near Williamsburg? We will have a car and can drive...but not interested in driving across the Bay. Thanks.

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,902 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maryland Blue Crab in Virginia?

Berret's Tap House Grill, in the Merchants Square area in Williamsburg often has them. Also the Crab Shack on the James in Newport News has them.

Ranson, West...
Level Contributor
535 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maryland Blue Crab in Virginia?

Also River's Inn Restaurant in Gloucester county- the Crab Deck portion of the restaurant, not the interior portion- I know sounds crazy, but it's basically 2 restaurants in one, 2 separate menus and everything- the Crab Deck will have your 'messier' more casual fare (aka, the whole crab experience you mentioned), & is wonerfully on a pier with the water underneath you, pretty cool.

(Gloucester is about a 20-30 min drive from Williamsburg, as is Newport News)

Edited: 14 October 2011, 17:04
Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,902 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maryland Blue Crab in Virginia?

I didn't mention River's Inn because the most recent visit we made over there, they didn't have the whole steamed crabs. Lots of other good things, though, including oysters and fish and chips.

Ranson, West...
Level Contributor
535 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maryland Blue Crab in Virginia?

Really??? What a dissapointment. I'm so surprised, that used to be such a popular thing for them. Maybe it's because crab season is over for the year?

Come to think of it, the outside Crab Deck also closes for the season sometime in October each year, not reopening until March. Might be closed by the time you're there, Kegobucks, probably not the best option this time around.

5. Re: Maryland Blue Crab in Virginia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 18:15