We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to Williamsburg for 4 nights & 3.5 days need help!

Bloomington-Normal...
Level Contributor
83 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling to Williamsburg for 4 nights & 3.5 days need help!

Can anyone give me touring & dining and ANY suggestions for our upcoming trip to Williamsburg next week? We arrive on Wed. afternoon from DC and leave on Sunday late morning.

Our kids--ages 10-boy and 12--girl have never been to this area and it's been about 20 years for me!

We'd like to visit Williamsburg, Richmond, Jamestown but is that too much. I'd like our trip to be educational but fun too! Daughter LOVES the Felicity series and boy loves anything HANDS ON!

We are staying at The Parkside Resort and will have a rental car.

I appreciate ANY help you can give!!!

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,892 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling to Williamsburg for 4 nights & 3.5 days need help!

Don't know your budget, but if you're planning on Busch Gardens in addition to Colonial Williamsburg, the Bounce pass might be right for you. Where do you go after Williamsburg?

Check out the Top Questions (found on the upper right on this page) for ideas.

One suggestion, not using the Bounce pass - On the drive from DC, take route 5 (John Tyer Highway) from Richmond to Williamsburg to see a plantation on your way to Williamsburg. The first night in Williamsburg, walk around Colonial Williamsburg to kind of get a feel for what it's all about. Thursday, tour Colonial Williamsburg with a ticket. Friday morning, head out to one (or both) of the Jamestown sites. Saturday, another day at CW, or head out to Yorktown for part or all of the day. Sunday morning, more CW or anything else that you want to see.

While you're here, have a meal at on of the CW taverns, and get ice cream or slushies at the ice cream stand behind Shields tavern. Or get a snack at the Raleigh Tavern bakery. If it's hot, a few hours in the Museums in the Publick Hospital offers outstanding examples of various kinds of art and a cool (temperature wise as well as ambiance) experience, with special activities and exhibits geared for kids.

I have a copy of the Felicity map that I send out via e-mail. Send me a p.m. with your e-mail address; I send it as attachments.

Edited: 18 June 2012, 12:13
Bloomington-Normal...
Level Contributor
83 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling to Williamsburg for 4 nights & 3.5 days need help!

You are so kind!

We are not driving from DC...but flying into Williamsburg from DC.

We are NOT doing BG--not enough time and too much else to see.

Thank you so much for the map!!

Do you know anything about the drop spindle spinning class in CW Wed. night--or know anyone who's had experience with it. I think BOTH my kids would LOVE it!

Also we are looking at the Papa Said Mama Said program--do you know anything about those?

3. Re: Traveling to Williamsburg for 4 nights & 3.5 days need help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 05:17