We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Busch Gardens and Hotels

Which Williamsburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canton, Ohio
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Busch Gardens and Hotels

I am traveling from PA to OBX, NC and was thinking about going to Busch Gardens along the way. There are 4 adults going and only 1 of us will ride the rides so is it worth it to go to Busch Gardens? And if it is then are there any particular Hotels that would be better to stay at? I need 2 rooms - 1 room with a K/Q size bed and a 2nd room with 2 Q/D beds. I was trying to spend about $100.00 or less a night if possible. I am looking at the dates of 8/2 - 8/4. Thank you for the help.

Fredericksburg...
Level Contributor
89 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Busch Gardens and Hotels

One thing I have always liked about Busch Gardens is that there are plenty of fun things there besides rides. There are plays to watch and a really fun petting zoo just to name a few. They put on quite a show at the octoberfest haus. They also have some tame rides like teacups and a merry-go-round. The combination of a tramway and a train makes it easy to get around the park if you dont want to do lots of walking.

A good no frills motel is the Travelodge

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g58313-d549119-…

I have stayed there twice, its cheap clean safe and comfortable but no frills.

Plantation Florida
Level Contributor
485 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Busch Gardens and Hotels

Busch Gardens is worth it, but your dates are the busy time of the year. You'll have to get there early to avoid the crowds. You want to be at the gate 1 hour before the park opens.

Since there are 4 of you going, it won't really help to stay close and ride the bus ($2 rt). It's $13 to park. So you can search TA for hotels based on rating and price.

The hotel where I stayed was actually good for being so close to the park, it's the Quality Inn Kingsmill. I have a few pictures in my TR.

http://www.nogodforme.com/Virginia2012.htm

Everything is close by in the Williamsburg area, so it's not going to matter where you stay.

Canton, Ohio
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Busch Gardens and Hotels

I booked the Quality Inn Kingmill for 2 nights. I got a good rate with AAA. Thanks for all your help!

4. Re: Busch Gardens and Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2013, 00:16