We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CW / BG - better Sunday or Monday?

nyc
Level Contributor
649 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
CW / BG - better Sunday or Monday?

Do you think Busch Gardens will be less crowded on Monday than Sunday? How about Colonial Williamsburg ? We are going this weekend ....

Charlottesville, VA
Level Contributor
132 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CW / BG - better Sunday or Monday?

Both will be less crowded on Monday. I would do Busch Gardens on Monday, I think it makes a bigger difference with the crowds. Not to mention, many kids get worn out after a day at BG and may not fully enjoy williamsburg if they start they day tired.

Also, it is going to be blazing hot this weekend, around 100. Don't try to do everything, you'll just overdo it.

Plantation Florida
Level Contributor
485 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CW / BG - better Sunday or Monday?

I'd also say BG on Monday. Arrive the park 1 hour before they open. If it's 100 degrees then leave in the afternoon and go back to your room to rest. From noon to 4pm is when the park is most packed.

You'd save some money by leaving, eating outside the park (Fresh Market) and coming back that night. The park stays open until 10pm. The tired leave around 5-6pm. There's still a crowd at night, but it's nice to tour.

If you do the all day warrior thing, then I'd suggest seeing all the shows in the afternoon. Most are indoors/covered and handle large crowds.

3. Re: CW / BG - better Sunday or Monday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2013, 05:17