We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colonial Williamsburg/Busch Gardens Hotel with Shuttle?

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Colonial Williamsburg/Busch Gardens Hotel with Shuttle?

We're planning a short trip to the Williamsburg area in mid-October (flying in) and prefer not to rent a car if possible. We'd like recommendations of hotels that offer shuttles to Colonial Williamsburg and Bush Gardens.

Any input greatly appreciated!

thanks....

Plantation Florida
Level Contributor
485 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Colonial Williamsburg/Busch Gardens Hotel with Shuttle?

The problem is getting from the airport to the hotel area. Doing that by taxi would cost a fortune. I recently stayed at the Quality Inn Kingsmill and it's a nice hotel, close to Busch Gardens. The hotel doesn't have a shuttle, but there is a bus stop a block away. You take the gray line, $2 for a round trip. The return pick up spot is across the street from Busch Gardens near the rail road track. The final stop is at a KFC restaurant about 2 blocks away from the hotel. Scroll down my page.

http://www.nogodforme.com/Virginia2012.htm

Taking the bus to Busch Gardens will save you $13 each day you visit.

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,892 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Colonial Williamsburg/Busch Gardens Hotel with Shuttle?

Which airport are you flying in to? I recently used Groome to get to my Williamsburg area home from the Richmond airport; one way was $46 (plus tip).

If you stay at one of the Colonial Williamsburg properties, the use of the shuttles, which go to stops around the historic area, is included, and are also included with a CW pass. CW also runs shuttles to/from the Jamestown and Yorktown sites and Busch Gardens from the Visitors Center. The shuttles which go to Jamestown/Yorktown and BG usually go on hiatus at the end of October, but the other CW buses run year round.

Also see the Top Questions to the right. There's one for, "If I don't want to drive, how do I get around?" with useful links where this has been discussed before.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Colonial Williamsburg/Busch Gardens Hotel with Shuttle?

Thanks for the feedback! We're flying into Norfolk from Baltimore (from Pittsburgh). Seems our best bet is to stay on the Colonial Williamsburg property and utilize their shuttles.

Just hope the weather is nice, as I've never visited this area!

Thanks again!

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,892 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Colonial Williamsburg/Busch Gardens Hotel with Shuttle?

Mid-October is usually a lovely time to visit here. You may see some fall color, although it's a bit early in the season for peak, and you will definitely have cooler weather than we are this week! If you're here for a weekend, Busch Gardens will be open, and will be decorated for Howl-O-Scream, which includes some fall decorations as well as more traditional Hallowe'en type themes. If you don't like being scared, just be out of the park before 6 p.m.

Colonial Williamsburg is beautiful all year round, and you'll find many exhibits and activities which let you learn about how things were in the colonial times.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Colonial Williamsburg/Busch Gardens Hotel with Shuttle?

We will be there over a weekend and are looking forward to the Howl-O-Scream! We love Halloween and fall decorations. I'm still deciding whether or not to rent a car. I understand there is some great outlet shopping and may need a vehicle to get there?

Our leaves don't peak 'till later in October (western PA), too. I like traveling in the Fall. Less crowded, cooler weather (98 degrees here today...100 tomorrow!).

Thanks for your time. You've been very helpful!

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Colonial Williamsburg/Busch Gardens Hotel with Shuttle?

I forgot to ask....if we stay on the Colonial Williamsburg property, which hotel would you recommend?

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,892 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Colonial Williamsburg/Busch Gardens Hotel with Shuttle?

The Williamsburg Inn is the top of the line for the CW Hotels, and that's where I'd stay if money were no object. But for affordable, either the Woodlands Hotel & Suites, or the Williamsburg Lodge. I've had friends and relatives stay at both, and they recommend either one. For a really unique experience, stay at one of the Colonial Houses. You get all the privileges of the Inn combined with a more "colonial" experience - four poster beds, fireplaces, and the like.

Edited: 06 July 2012, 21:44
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Colonial Williamsburg/Busch Gardens Hotel with Shuttle?

The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation-owned Woodlands Inn has a Busch Gardens shuttle

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Colonial Williamsburg/Busch Gardens Hotel with Shuttle?

The Woodlands Inn at the Visitors' Center has a Busch Gardens shuttle.

Edited: 08 July 2013, 04:26
10. Re: Colonial Williamsburg/Busch Gardens Hotel with Shuttle?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2014, 05:17