We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip with a 9yr old - what can't be missed

MA
Level Contributor
40 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
trip with a 9yr old - what can't be missed

Next week my parents are taking my 9yr old daughter to Williamsburg. I'm trying to help them plan the trip. so i'm looking for some advice. my daughter loves history and is very excited about colonial williamsburg. and the Felicity connection isn't hurting either (i'm currently trying to pack for her and the doll - hehe).

so i'm looking for suggestions on what things to do and where to eat. my parents want to try to plan ahead with some reservations if needed.

they get into town Tuesday afternoon and will be leaving dinner time on Friday.

thanks!

maura

Ruckersville...
Level Contributor
479 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trip with a 9yr old - what can't be missed

The Govonors Palace and Gardens, The House of Burgesses. The Wren Building The various craft shops. One day for lunch I would try and eat at one of the Colional Taverns. My past experiance is , it takes about Three days to see everything in Colional Williamsburg You can get alot if information by visiting www.colionalwilliamsburg.com In addition, I would take a day and visit Jamestown.

MA
Level Contributor
40 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trip with a 9yr old - what can't be missed

thanks for the suggestions. any specific restaurants?

thanks!

maura

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,877 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trip with a 9yr old - what can't be missed

First trip for everyone? If so, be sure to ask at the Visitors Center for any suggestions on what programs to see. This Week, available at the Visitors Center, has a listing of most programs available, day by day, and is a great source of information. The Peruke (wig) maker and the brickyard are two craft shop that often appeal to kids.

For restaurants, I always recommend a meal at a tavern. The menus are available online (including children's menus), so take a look and see what appeals. I also like Food for Thought. In Merchants Square, there is a variety of restaurants, ranging from Retros (hamburgers, hot dogs, fresh cut french fries, and freshly made limeades) to Aromas (sandwiches, salads, breakfast, etc.) all the way to the posher, upscale places like the Trellis and the Fat Canary.

4. Re: trip with a 9yr old - what can't be missed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2013, 05:17