We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Busch Gardens with a 3 year old

Fairfax, VA
Level Contributor
92 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Busch Gardens with a 3 year old

We're planning a trip to Williamsburg for next month. Any tips for doing Busch Gardens with a 3 year old? She's a thrill seeker, so she will love any ride she can get on - is there a lot there for her to do? Also, has anyone done the "Dine With Elmo" lunch/dinner? Is it worth it? Or are Sesame Street characters fairly easy to get pictures with outside of that meal? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Busch Gardens Williamsburg
Busch Gardens...
7,425 Reviews
Williamsburg, VA
Oak Hill, WV
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Busch Gardens with a 3 year old

You can go see the Sunny Days Celebration show and they have photo ops afterwards. We took our daughter to the lunch with Elmo last year on her birthday and she loved it. She got to get up on stage and dance with the characters because of her birthday, but her 1 year old brother was scared to death of Oscar because we sat right in front of him. I would definately do the lunch while she is at an age to enjoy it.

www.youtube.com/watch…

Fairfax, VA
Level Contributor
92 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Busch Gardens with a 3 year old

Thanks so much!

For anyone else who is considering taking their little one, Busch Gardens was AWESOME. We spent 2 days there with my 3 year old, and, even with my daughter's complete refusal to sleep in the hotel room, we had such a good time that we're going back this week. :) I was really unsure about how much there would be for us to do (she's only 36" tall - the shortest height group), but there is a TON for little ones. The rides are spread out throughout the park, and there were little to no lines at each. At many of the kids rides, there were so few kids in line that they asked my daughter if she would like to stay on for another ride.

The interactions with the Sesame Street characters were phenomenal. The whole reason we went was to meet Elmo and it did not disappoint. Like the above poster said, the characters hang around after the shows for photo ops, and there are almost always 2 characters out in the photo area for meet and greets. We went through the meet and greet line over and over and over...I have to believe they knew us by name by the second day. They were so great with my daughter. We also did the Elmo lunch - worth every single penny. The food was just ok (you can definitely get better food elsewhere in the park), but the experience was amazing. At one point my daughter held Cookie Monster's hand and led the conga line through the room! It was also nice to have a cool (and not crowded) place to have lunch on a hot day. FYI - the above poster talked about Oscar - Oscar did not make an appearance at our lunch. Abby was there, which was perfect for my little Abby fan. Not sure if the characters rotate in and out, or if the show ever changes. Because the lunch was the clear highlight of our trip, we're actually going to do it again when we go back. It's a little pricy, but for our family of 3, it's not THAT much more than the 3 of us eating a full lunch in the park (especially because drinks and desserts are included...and while my daughter ate an Elmo cupcake, I had to have a cookie after I saw Cookie Monster choose one off of the buffet!) :)

Edited: 21 August 2012, 13:57
Mentioned in this post
Busch Gardens...
7,425 Reviews
Williamsburg, VA
Fort Belvoir...
Level Contributor
171 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Busch Gardens with a 3 year old

Busch Gardens has the Sesame Street place there and Dragon Land that ALOT of kids LOVE ! Plus there are shows and you can eat with many of the characters there at Busch Gardens too. Oh, lets not forget the trains too and the Clydesdales you can pet and take pictures with ! I've been taking my son for years and he's always loved it !

Mentioned in this post
Busch Gardens...
7,425 Reviews
Williamsburg, VA
4. Re: Busch Gardens with a 3 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2013, 07:15