We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are things closed on Sundays at CW?

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Are things closed on Sundays at CW?

I just read on another message board that many things are closed on Sundays in Colonial Williamsburg. Of course, that is one of the days I am planning on visiting! Is it going to be a waste of time? I did notice that there is less day time programming than during the week, but I was hoping to visit the buildings and watch some of the trades people. Will most of the buildings be open for touring on Sunday? Or just a few? Just looking for another opinion on the Sunday touring. It's our first time visiting the area, so I really have no idea.

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,886 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are things closed on Sundays at CW?

Whoever posted that is wrong! There is a regular rotation of buildings being closed on various days of the week. This week, for example, the Wheelwright, Wetherburn's Tavern, the Everhard House, the Randolph house, and Bassett Hall were closed on Sunday. So all of the major sites, and most of the other buildings, were open on Sunday. Definitely not a waste of time.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,310 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are things closed on Sundays at CW?

Sundays may be slightly less "open", but hardly a waste of time. Every day is fine day to visit CW.

3. Re: Are things closed on Sundays at CW?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 21:17
Get answers to your questions about Williamsburg