We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Foodies traveling to Williamsburg, VA need local eats!

Which Williamsburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bensalem...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Foodies traveling to Williamsburg, VA need local eats!

Taking the kiddos to Colonial Williamsburg and looking for GOOD, affordable local eats. We're big time foodies, so I don't want no red lobster recommendations :) Thank you!!!!

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,790 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Foodies traveling to Williamsburg, VA need local eats!

What does affordable mean to you? We have a number of good local restaurants. A couple of them I'd consider affordable, but the others I might deem on the high side but worth the money.

Food for Thought, Second Street Bistro, both local, both affordable.

Waypoint Seafood and Grill,Blue Talon Bistro, the Trellis, the Fat Canary, Le Yaca, Opus 9, and A Chef's Kitchen, are a few local places that are good but on the pricier side. I'm sure there are others that I'm overlooking at the moment.

Bensalem...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Foodies traveling to Williamsburg, VA need local eats!

Thinking under $15 a plate? Thanks for the suggestions, what's your favorite?

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,790 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Foodies traveling to Williamsburg, VA need local eats!

Food for Thought for the $15 or under price.

You can check; most (if not all) of the restaurants on the above post have websites with menus/prices.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
313 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Foodies traveling to Williamsburg, VA need local eats!

We went to Huzzah on our last trip. That should fit the bill. Click on the Restaurants tab on the left and read the reviews. Most will list $$$ and then check the menus on their websites as stated above. Have fun!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Foodies traveling to Williamsburg, VA need local eats!

What is the local food 'must have' ? I am going to be in the Richmond/Williamsburg area for the weekend of Oct 5 - 9. I'm not sure if such things as crab cakes are a local delicacy (my wife says not - that's more southern) or if there is something else that I should look for?

Also, given that that it will be October, is the tourism kind of winding down? Will everything be shut down or is it still possible to view some attactions (still need to research what attractions there are there!)

Thanks!

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,790 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Foodies traveling to Williamsburg, VA need local eats!

Local seafood, including oysters and crab cakes, are very well done here.

Still lots going on through the end of the year. The only really quieter time here is in January and February, into mid-March. All sites (except Busch Gardens) are open year-round. Take a look at the Top Questions for some ideas.

7. Re: Foodies traveling to Williamsburg, VA need local eats!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 05:18