We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Better dining options with kids

Southern Shores...
2 posts
Save Topic
Better dining options with kids

We will be visiting Williamsburg for two nights on an upcoming weekend in December. My husband and I enjoy fine dining, but will be traveling with our kids age 5 and 8. Wondering what some good options might be for places serving creative food but with an atmosphere that's ok for kids. They are used to eating out and are well behaved. Last time we were in town we went to Second Street which was nice. This time we are staying at the Lodge and so would prefer something within walking distance. Also,are there any places that might not be appropriate to take them for dinner, but could do lunch? Any thoughts are much appreciated.

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,853 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Better dining options with kids

There are several places in Merchants Square within walking distance. DoG Street Pub is fun and the food is pretty good. Blue Talon is good, also, as is Berrett's. I haven't yet eaten at MAD About Chocolate, but it gets good reviews. Check out their website to see what you think - it's not just chocolate! madaboutchocolate.us/madaboutchocolatehome.h…

Not walking distance, you'd have to drive, but Food for Thought has an eclectic menu and I often recommend it. And if you haven't dined at one of Colonial Williamsburg's taverns, you might want to do that, too.

Southern Shores...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Better dining options with kids

Thanks so much for your response. I will check these places out.

3. Re: Better dining options with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 10:17