We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Busch Gardens with Autistic Child

Avon, Connecticut
5 posts
Save Topic
Busch Gardens with Autistic Child

We are going to Williamsburg in a couple of weeks with our grandchildren. One of the boys is Autistic and we don't want to have to wait on long lines with him at Busch Gardens. Does anyone know if they have a policy to allow him to go to the head of the line for the rides? I believe that Disney World provides for these type situations. Thanks for any reply.

NEWPORT NEWS, VA
Destination Expert
for Hampton, Newport News
Level Contributor
444 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Busch Gardens with Autistic Child

I just called BG and asked about your situation. A delightful lady told me that Busch Gardens Williamsburg has a Ride Accessability program. When you arrive at the park, head to Guest Relations (just before the turnstiles) to register. The program is free (yay!).

Avon, Connecticut
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Busch Gardens with Autistic Child

Thanks for your thoughtfulness. This will help greatly with our trip. Hope you have a wonderful spring.

Hinton,WV
Level Contributor
53 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Busch Gardens with Autistic Child

I do not know how old this child is but if he will be riding the younger rides and lets say that he decides he doesn't like it, well just ask them to stop the ride and let him off and they will. Trust me that was my biggest worry when I first took my two year old. Lets just say out of all the rides she could ride she only rode two that she did not start freaking out on; so we walked off from a lot of them. They continue to let the other kids ride so you won't anger any other parents by asking them to stop.

4. Re: Busch Gardens with Autistic Child

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2014, 05:16