We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can I park my dog while visiting DeWitt Wallace museum

Which Williamsburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
washington dc
Level Contributor
3,682 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where can I park my dog while visiting DeWitt Wallace museum

I'm driving from DC to North Carolina on June 19 or 20 with my dog. I want to stop in Williamsburg to visit the DeWitt Wallace museum. Can anyone recommend a doggie daycare type place where I could drop her off for 3-4 hours?

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,736 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where can I park my dog while visiting DeWitt Wallace museum

St. Francis Pet Resort offers doggie playcare in 1/2 day or full day sessions: …godspeedanimalcare.com/#/doggie-playcare/ They are associated with Godspeed Animal Care, where we take out pets for vet care.

Williamsburg Pet Resort at Greensprings is another option: www.williamsburgpetresort.com/day_camp.htm

washington dc
Level Contributor
3,682 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where can I park my dog while visiting DeWitt Wallace museum

Thanks - I just called St. Francis and it looks perfect. They offer an $18.00 day-boarding service.

washington dc
Level Contributor
3,682 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where can I park my dog while visiting DeWitt Wallace museum

Well, St. Francis turns out to be a major fail because besides the $18.00 day fee they require a fecal exam within the past 6 months (despite the dog being on regular Heartguard which is a broad general anti-worm med.) so $45.00 is way more than I want to pay to visit a museum for 2-3 hours.

washington dc
Level Contributor
3,682 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where can I park my dog while visiting DeWitt Wallace museum

And - just for information - after lots of research - I found out that all the worms that dogs can possibly get only need 1-3 months to incubate. So 6 month vaccination is extra silly.

5. Re: Where can I park my dog while visiting DeWitt Wallace museum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2014, 07:19