We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seafood Restaurants

Which Williamsburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
80 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Seafood Restaurants

Need some recommendations for good seafood restaurants in general area including Hampton & Newport News.

Fredericksburg...
Level Contributor
90 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seafood Restaurants

I love captain Georges. They have one in Williamsburg and one in Virginia beach. It is a buffet place but the food is extremely fresh. People start to line up at the door at 3:30 and they open at 4. They have unlimited crab legs and just about anything else you could imagine.

http://www.captaingeorges.com/

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,757 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seafood Restaurants

As I've mentioned before, I'm surprised whenever the Williamsburg Captain George's gets a favorable mention.

Of the places I've been, Berrett's and the Taphouse Grill, stand out for me. I haven't yet been to Holy Mackerel, but I've heard good things. Some folks like The Cove (I tried it twice and didn't like it very much). It's been a while since I've been to Crab House on the James (Newport News), but I thought it was quite good. A lot of the other restaurants in the area may not specialize in fish and seafood, but they usually have one or two seafood dishes on the menu that are really good. And if you like buffets, you can't beat the seafood buffet at Traditions, the restaurant in the Lodge of Colonial Williamsburg.

3. Re: Seafood Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2014, 07:17