We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best buffets in Williamsburg?

Which Williamsburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
2 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Best buffets in Williamsburg?

We've been to the Peking, which was very impressive. I was wondering if there are other good buffets not to be missed? Thanks in advance!

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,748 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best buffets in Williamsburg?

Depends on what you've looking for. I see you've already been to Captain George's, which I would never recommend. Opus 9 has a really good Sunday brunch, and Traditions at the Williamsburg Lodge has an excellent seafood buffet on Friday nights. My favorite restaurants in Williamsburg are sit-down, not buffets, though. If you haven't tried Food for Thought, you might find it to.your liking, for example.

marlton
Level Contributor
134 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best buffets in Williamsburg?

Zoey1996 - out of curiousity why do you not recommend Captain George's? We are planning our trip and the haunted dinner theater looked interesting.

If you are saying Traditions is good and stay away from Captain George's - happy to! We are just trying to plan a few nice meals out. What are your favorite sit downs?

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,748 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best buffets in Williamsburg?

Captain George's caters to the masses, and I found their food hit and miss when it comes to consistent quality, serving temperature, and freshness.

I mentioned Food for Thought, and I also like Berret's (and the Tap House Grill in season), Holy Mackerel, Waypoint Seafood and Grill, Opus 9, Second St An American Bistro, Blue Talon Bistro, Aberdeen Barn, even Aromas. I also like some of the fast-casual places, including chains like Red Hot and Blue. A lot depends on the occasion - do I want quick, casual, inexpensive, or is it for a celebration or a time when I can linger over dinner.

marlton
Level Contributor
134 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best buffets in Williamsburg?

Thank you, much appreciated. We do a mix - while I want a few nice dinners that we would need reservations for, my husband doesn't like to plan every minute of a day while we are on vacay.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,164 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best buffets in Williamsburg?

We always stop at Food for Thought and Second Street when visiting Williamsburg.

Level Contributor
2 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best buffets in Williamsburg?

Thanks so much for these suggestions. I was hoping for perhaps a nice Mexican or Indian buffet (or even a reasonably priced sit-down). The knowledgeable folks on TripAdvisor always come through! Thanks again!

1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Best buffets in Williamsburg?

Nawab offers a great lunch buffet (Indian) and I believe a Mexican buffet can be found at La Tolteca at lunch time, at Richmond Rd location.

8. Re: Best buffets in Williamsburg?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2015, 05:21