We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit on Winter Homeschool weekend, or come during the week?

Which Williamsburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mansfield, Ohio...
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Visit on Winter Homeschool weekend, or come during the week?

Hello. We are planning our first trip to Williamsburg and are homeschoolers. My question is whether we should come for the homeschooler weekend in March or come during the week and get the homeschool discount. Are there more events on the home school weekend? Is it busy? Are there advantages to coming another time? Thanks so much! Any advice is appreciated!

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visit on Winter Homeschool weekend, or come during the week?

I often encounter home schooled family visits durring the week. I feel two to three days at CW are needed to get everything CW has to offer. Sunday, in general, seems to offer somewhat less in the way of programming. You can easily spend the better part of the day at Jamestown Settlement and Historic Jamestowne NP. Plan on a couple hours at the Yorktown NP site to see where the American Revolution ended.

2. Re: Visit on Winter Homeschool weekend, or come during the week?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2015, 05:21