We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BlueGreenGetaways/Vacations are a Timeshare pitch

Springfield...
Level Contributor
1 post
69 reviews
Save Topic
BlueGreenGetaways/Vacations are a Timeshare pitch

BlueGreenGetaways are a Timeshare ploy to get you to come listen to their pitch. I wouldn't have a problem with this normally and knew what it was however; I do have a problem with being called & marketed to PURCHASE a vacation for $199 for my family to stay 4 days/3 nights at a resort with the knowledge that I had to sit in a '90' minute timeshare pitch.

Upon arrival, we were sent to a sub standard hotel (a review will be posted on them as well), told that we had to also pay the room taxes (another $45), and still had to be at their pitch the next day. What's wrong with ME??? Why would I want to pay ANYONE to put me in a sub standard room with my kids, go listen to them for 3+ hours while they try endlessly to sell me airspace, and consider this a great vacation.

Yep, I told the wife to slap my hands and just know that this is certainly no pleasant get away...it a Timeshare pitch. If you want timeshare; just look around for all of the crazy deals and things people are trying to do to sell them. You've been warned!

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
572 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BlueGreenGetaways/Vacations are a Timeshare pitch

Thank you Antonio K for relaying your experience with a timeshare. Unfortunately, too many of us have had the same experience with a free or discounted vacation at a timeshare property..... the required 90 minute sales pitch that turns into 3 hours and 3 different "closers" , each of whom offer you a different deal and the worn out rooms provided for you, usually in an old motel. The Virginia Gazette usually has one or more full pages of timeshare forclosures each month of those who purchased and realized much of what they bought was empty promises and an ever rising annual maintenance fee. Thanks for the reminder.

2. Re: BlueGreenGetaways/Vacations are a Timeshare pitch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2015, 05:17