We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer in Wintegreen - or nearby towns?

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
13 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Summer in Wintegreen - or nearby towns?

We're thinking of Wintergreen for a 3-night getaway (on the way back from NC to DC to break up the drive). However we tend to be more interested in towns with things to do (good restaurants, etc). That said, we have an 18 month old so we won't be going out late night.

does wintergreen have an assortment of activities in summer that are nearby? also, what towns are nearby (besides Charlottesville) that are of interest. Thanks!

2 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Summer in Wintegreen - or nearby towns?

I highly recommend Staunton Va. You'll find a diversity in restaurants, lodging and entertainment all of them more than meet your needs and maybe your expectations.

http://www.visitstaunton.com/

I highly recommend Shenandoah Pizza for a casual dinner. I was there for the first time last Fri. Great pizza and infants were allowed.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Summer in Wintegreen - or nearby towns?

Wintergreen is great in the Summer. Go on their website-there are lots of activities on the mountain and off. Plus, the weather is nice and cool up there (usually).

Down Blue Ridge Parkway to Crabtree Falls Highway (Route 56) there is the town of Montebello. There is a little country store there and some stocked trout ponds where you can rent a rod and easily catch a fish!

Little further down is Crabtree Falls which is the highest waterfall cascade east of the Mississippi river.

Reply to: Summer in Wintegreen - or nearby towns?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Wintergreen
More Wintergreen Topics