We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

drive from new york to roanoke va

Which Woodstock hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
florida
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
drive from new york to roanoke va

hi: i was wondering if someone knows how long of a drive it is from new york city to roanoke va going through the blue ridge parkway we will be going in november, hopefully we get do do a little leaf peeping, but need to plan ahead i will appreciate any sugestions we are departing from florida going to new york and from there we will go back to florida via the blueridge parkway.thanks!

1 reply
Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Suffolk
Level Contributor
1,571 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: drive from new york to roanoke va

The Blue Ridge Parkway is beautiful and you'll enjoy driving part of it. Here is a good map of BRP:

nature-talk.com/locations/…blue-ridge-map.pdf

The Parkway speed limit is 35-45 mph so keep that in mind when planning your journey. I like using maps.google.com because you can list your driving locations, then drag the line to another road, ie. from I-81 to the BRP for trip recalculations....it's easy to use. In the options area you can also select "avoid highways", maps.google will then tell you the drive times based on your selected routes.

Consider some time in Shenandoah National Park on the Skyline Drive if your schedule permits. SNP map:

nps.gov/shen/…whole_park.pdf

Hope this helps.

Reply to: drive from new york to roanoke va
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Woodstock
Recent Conversations